Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Better Person


June 24, 2009

A Better Person

I woke up early this morning, about 3:45a.m. I caught up on reading library books and then came over to the computer. This is why I have and will succeed (in one early morning nutshell); I will not stop trying to become a better person.

Success is not defined by how much stuff we accumulate. In contrast, champions or great business leaders show their true worth when resources seem scarce. My definition of success is tied to the effort that it takes to accomplish something. For example, if I make one call and get a positive result, that is fine. But when it takes creativity, effort, and persistence to complete a task, a special feeling of gratification fills me.

As stated in “The Six Common Small Business Failures”, entrepreneurs are to strive to become better businesspeople and humans – champions. This is one of the reasons why this blog and my book exist. Becoming a better person takes effort. Sometimes that means dragging yourself out of bed. Other times it may mean fighting through adversity. Let’s enjoy the path to becoming champions.

No comments: