Friday, June 12, 2009

NO does not mean STOP!


June 12, 2009
NO Does Not Mean STOP!

This simple business concept is in the book, “The Six Common Small Business Failures”. But I have to do what I say in that I have heard NO more lately than I could ever dream of. It is like pulling teeth trying to get business owners to read a book design to help them. “I have been in business for a while so I don’t need to learn about failure!” is what I hear. My response is that the leadership of now bankrupt General Motors probably thinks the same way.
Despite the numerous rejections we must still press forward with our eyes on the prize. I have detailed goals that I laid out in my business plan. I will succeed and I do not think that it is bragging or arrogant to say so.
So how do we, as leaders, make our goals become real? By pressing forward through any and all obstacles, that is how. My wife calls the same company to talk with a different person and gets her desired answer. We should use this technique. Also, let’s make sure that we are talking to the right person; you know the person that actually has the power to YES! Employees are often trained to say NO instead of contacting the decision-maker.
Great business leaders or champions do not take “NO” for an answer. They regroup, revise, and try again. Determination is a key to business success. It is far more important than the widget we are peddling. Let’s keep pushing forward champions!

Frederick Jones
Noverhead Publishing

No comments: